1 Lb of beef brisket, half onion, water, 12 green onions, 5 cups of bean sprouts, 1 cup of kosari,1 celery, 7 cloves of garlic, 3 TBS hotpepper powder, 1 TBS of sesame oil, 1 TBS of vegetable oil, 1 TBS salt, 1 TBS soy sauce, and pepper.
1. In a big pot, add beef brisket, water, and half onion, then boil it for 40-50 minutes over high heat.
2. In a big bowl, put all vegetables(bean sprouts, green onions, salary, kosari, and minced garlic). At this time, cut green onions, salary, kosari into about 7 cm in length.
3. Mix the ingredients for hotpepper oil sauce(3 TBS hotpepper powder, 1 TBS sesame oil, 1TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS soy sauce, 1 TBS salt, pepper) in a small bowl.
4. Put the hotpepper oil sauce into the vegetable mixture and mix it.
5. When the beef is well cooked, take it out and set aside to cool it down.
6. Add the mixture of vegetables and hotpepper oil sauce into the boiling beef stock and boil it about 20 or 30 minutes.
7. Slice the beef thinly and add it into the boiling soup and cook about 5 or 10 minutes more.
Serves for 4 people. Enjoy it!
Maangchi offers only the best authentic Korean recipes ever published.
I enjoy this recipe so much and highly recommend you visit Maangchi's
Korean cooking website. If you are lucky and wise enough to purchase
her cookbook and DVD, you will be taught step by step how to create
these, the best of Korean dishes, at home.