Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 1 large size squid (1 lb)
- soy sauce, hot pepper flakes, and sugar
- garlic, 1 med. onion, 10-12 green onions, 1 large green chili pepper
1. Remove the squid’s intestines and wash thoroughly. Cut the squid into bite-sized strips.
2. Cut the carrot into thin diagonal pieces.
3. Cut the 10-12 green onions into 5 cm lengths.
4. Cut medium onion and green chili pepper into bite-sized pieces.
Make a hot paste mix by mixing the following into a bowl:
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 Tbs of hot pepper falkes
(This hot pepper paste can vary in amount of pepper flakes depending on taste)
Next, stir fry the carrots, green onions, onions and chili pepper for a couple of minutes. Finally, add cut pieces of squid and stir fry for a couple of more minutes. Before transferring to a serving dish, drizzle finished dish with sesame seed oil, sprikle 1 Tbs of sesame seeds, and mix well.
Serve and enjoy!
Ojingo Bokkum - Spicy Stir Fried Squid
(ojjingo bokum, ojingeo bokum)
This certainly is one of my favorite Korean dishes. Served as an entree it is combined with any other dish and side dish you desire.
Let's watch Maangchi make that delicious Stir Fried Squid !
I'm a big fan of hers and invite you to learn more about Maangchi. Make sure and get your Maangchi cookbooks and DVD to easily learn how to make traditional Korean dishes. Check her out HERE.
Love That Kimchi.com
A Site dedicated to Kimchi and Korean cuisine